[Matroska-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Adding matroska support to FFMPEG via libmatroska/libebml, in C++ ?

Måns Rullgård mru at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 14 11:00:30 CEST 2003

Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr> writes:

>> Official sites, fan sites and obscure discussion forums don't count.
>
> So who was first ? The chicken or the egg ?
> Hopefully not everybody is as conservative as you. Otherwise new
> things would never appear.

I'm all for changes, if they have a good reason.  I don't see the need
for another file format.  IMHO, the MPEG formats are good enough, and
are already widely accepted.  To be worthwhile, a new format should
add something significant over the existing formats.

In this case, I merely stated that quoting an official promotion site
doesn't really prove the popularity of anything.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru at users.sf.net