[Matroska-devel] Re: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Adding matroska support toFFMPEG via libmatroska/libebml, in C++ ?

Pamel paul at msn.com
Tue Oct 14 08:59:07 CEST 2003

http://cvs.corecodec.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/matroska/doc/website/technical/index.html

>It's a good start, but it's a long way from the quality of the MPEG
>specs.

Sadly we don't have anyone that is paid to sit around all day and write overly
exhaustive specs.  But, thankfully, we are only defining the specs on a general
container.  One of the reasons that the MPEG specs are so big is that they
define so many different layers in several different configurations.  We have a
lot less to define.  Though we are certainly not yet anywhere close to one of
the ISO MPEG spec docs in covering every aspect, what we have so far is
certainly sufficient.  At least, the fact that two working independent
implementations have been made from the specs is a good indication to this.

Pamel