[Matroska-devel] Re: Adding matroska support to FFMPEG via libmatroska/libebml, in C++ ?

ChristianHJW christian at matroska.org
Tue Oct 14 05:46:12 CEST 2003

Mike Melanson wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:
>>matroska had well documented specs before even a single line of code was
>>written :
> 	Hmm, I had almost forgotten how exhaustively-specified the format
> is. Pursuant to the recent list discussion on palette handling, how does
> Matroska deal with palettes? How about palette changes during playback?
> 	Thanks.. 	-Mike Melanson

As always i am not the expert here, but a quick check with jcsston
brought up the 'codec state' element will allow you to more or less
reinitialize the codec within the video stream, and allow to change
resolution, colour space, etc., but not the codec itself .... is this
the same as 'palette' ?

Christian
matroska project admin
http://www.matroska.org