[Matroska-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Adding matroska support to FFMPEG via libmatroska/libebml, in C++ ?

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Oct 13 23:47:34 CEST 2003

Måns Rullgård wrote:

>Christian HJ Wiesner <chris at matroska.org> writes:
>

>>Of course, we know very well that matroska's success is based on the
>>

>Success?  I haven't seen of matroska files in the wild, yet.

out in the wild ? .... you mean there :
http://www.jigle.com/search?p=&t=0&x=mkv&sl=1&su=&ma=3&l=10&a=0 ? or
there : http://team-mkv.fr.st or there : http://www.matroska.web.pt or
there : http://www.matroska.tk or there :
http://m17n.cool.ne.jp/matroska/ or there :
http://board.dvds-kopieren.de/board.php?boardid=79 .........

>>existing apps for making matroska files, namely Mosu's MKVtoolnix on
>>Linux ( and now also Win32 ) and Cyrius' VirtualdubMod, and again both
>>preferred using the C++ lib instead of rewriting it in C ..... anyhow,
>>thanks for the update, i hope some day somebody will make a 4th
>>implementation in plain C, and you guys help to include it into FFMPEG
>>

>If lots of matroska files start coming my way, I'll probably code
>something up in C.

I take your word on that Mans :D  ..... you'd be more than welcome in
the team, and we'd support you best we can, MKV support in FFMPEG is
something we really dream of since some time now ....

Christian
matroska project admin
http://www.matroska.org