[Matroska-devel] LWING_GAIN

Cyrius suiryc at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 16:33:52 CEST 2003

--- Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62848

> Do we use this tag ?
> The only transmuxing app for OGM to MKV AFAIK are
> mkvmerge and VDM. Do
> they preserve this tag ? And tags in general ?

In general I preserve the most tags I can.
I don't map this specific tag to any that could exist
in Matroska, however, as I stated in the thread, in
the case of Ogg Vorbis we (that is all tools) keep the
3 Vorbis headers in the Matroska file because we need
them to setup the decoder (CoreVorbis, but that would
be the same for any other Vorbis decoder, we need
those 3 Packets).
And the LWING_GAIN tag is stored in the second Packet,
so this tag is at least stored in the private codec
data and sent to setup the decoder during playback.