[Matroska-devel] Re: MPEG2 in MKV!

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Nov 2 00:28:44 CET 2003

Hi.

> I'm just testing these mkvs with vobsub, and already found two probs
> :)

Good :) I knew why I waited with the next mkvtoolnix release :)

> The first is about the duration, it just doesn't seem to be correct. (How
> does it get calculated by the muxer?) Here for example it should be around
> 2355ms:

Yeah yeah, I was lazy (no, I was ignorant). First I didn't know that the
SPU packets were inside a MPEG stream, and I just used the difference
between two entries in the .idx file as the duration.

How do I extract the duration from the SPU packets? I should probably
look at mplayer's sources, but maybe you have a quick explanation ;)

> I think we should really put all data into one block for one subtitle...
> Just like in the case of realmedia, when I tried to store fragments of a
> frame into multiple blocks, but then was corrected.

Ok, sounds reasonable. One entry corresponds to one line in the .idx
file, or should we just ignore those lines and parse the MPEG stream and
use those timestamps?

> (3rd little problem: where do I find zlib for vc7? I know I could probably
> convert the sources at www.gzip.org/zlib, but I though it was easier to ask
> first :)

I have no idea :)

Great you're working on it :)