[Matroska-devel] Re: MPEG2 in MKV!

Gabest gabest at freemail.hu
Sat Nov 1 23:18:34 CET 2003

> This one's outdated. It still contains the MPEG PS around the SPUs which
> we now discard. Updated samples are available at...
> http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/vobsubs-uncomp2.mkv
> http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/vobsubs-zlibcomp2.mkv

I'm just testing these mkvs with vobsub, and already found two probs :)

The first is about the duration, it just doesn't seem to be correct. (How
does it get calculated by the muxer?) Here for example it should be around
2355ms:

| + Block group
|  + Block (track number 4, 1 frame(s), timecode 19.280s)
|   + Frame with size 1576
|  + Block duration: 4400.000ms

The second problem:

| + Block group
|  + Block (track number 3, 1 frame(s), timecode 23.840s)
|   + Frame with size 2019
|  + Block duration: 4400.000ms
| + Block group
|  + Block (track number 3, 1 frame(s), timecode 23.840s)
|   + Frame with size 109
|  + Block duration: 4400.000ms

I think we should really put all data into one block for one subtitle...
Just like in the case of realmedia, when I tried to store fragments of a
frame into multiple blocks, but then was corrected.

(3rd little problem: where do I find zlib for vc7? I know I could probably
convert the sources at www.gzip.org/zlib, but I though it was easier to ask
first :)

Other.

I'm also updating the splitter and vsfilter now. For the splitter I've
created a new vobsub media subtype, and derived a new format struct from
SUBTITLEINFO for the new fields from CodecPrivate. I don't think anybody
cares about these but me, but I thought I'd mention it.
(/guliverkli/guliverkli/include/matroska/matroska.h was updated in the cvs)