[matroska-devel] Re: b-frames

David E Leatherdale dave at leatherdale.net
Sat Jun 28 20:35:33 CEST 2003

  you find an I frame -
> I2 - as forward reference of a B frame, while it seems
> generally it wouldn't happen - maybe I'm wrong here)

Forward ref I-frames are not normally used because of the limit of
storing in an AVI used in matroska they should be perfectly valid. In
fact to me this makes more sense then having to end the sequence with a
P-frame and adding an I frame directly after especially for long
sequences of B frames (as the p-frame will be predicted from a frame a
long time before and so will be either lower quality or larger).
Although i use the VFW GUI to configure the codec in avs2matroska im
going to ignore the closed GOP settings as they make no sense in native
files.

DaveEL

http://www.matroska.org