[matroska-devel] Re: =[SPAM?]= Re: the road to 1.0 and beyond
pfk at fuchs.offl.uni-jena.de
Sat Jun 28 14:48:48 CEST 2003
On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 06:35:07PM +1000, suxen_drol wrote:
> - suspending/restoring codec state. the ability to suspend the encoder,
> reboot and resume encoding at the same position.
Very important. It should be possible to cut separately encoded streams of
"audio/video/what else?" without any gap.
> - future: video codecs support multiple input streams (think: mp3 stereo).
> and maybe someday video segmentation will emerge to be popular.
- Multiple video streams is used with "Multiple Angle View"
- May be "fast forward" and "review" is possible in the future like we know
it from VHS. For that it is useful to have two video streams
- 1920 x 1080 @24 frames per second, high quality (22 MBit/s)
- 480 x 270 @3 frames per second, low quality ( 0.6 MBit/s)
- Is it possible to play a video stream in reverse order?
- It should be possible to rearrange frames without copying the whole file.
It should be possible to cutter a file without moving video or audio data.
It should be possible to have a 3 hour video stream which can be arranged
in 10 or 20 ways using these 3 hours of video. Remember the movie
More information about the Matroska-devel