[matroska-devel] Re: the road to 1.0 and beyond

Pamel paul at msn.com
Thu Jun 26 11:18:14 CEST 2003

"suxen_drol" <suxen_drol at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> - future: video codecs support multiple input streams (think: mp3 stereo).
> and maybe someday video segmentation will emerge to be popular.

I hadn't thought about that.  I guess an API should be able to handle
multiple input/outputs to a single source.  I realize DirectShow can do
this, but I hadn't thought about the need to include have that in a future
API.  Its pretty important.

> are you looking for immediate usefulness chris (run with what we know
> about video codecs now), or some future-proof-ness (dwindle on future
> thoughts)?

I think Christian's intention is future proof.  That's part of the concept
of Matroska, to be future proof for the next decade.  The DirectShow concept
is excellent for playback, but editing is not so good.  I think that we need
something designed for editing, that is future proof.

Pamel

http://www.matroska.org