[matroska-devel] Editing non VCM/VfW video files in VirtualdubMod

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sat Jun 21 16:09:32 CEST 2003

Hi Cyrius,

as jcsston has RV2MKV working, means we can trasnmux any RealMedia file
into MKV fine, and DaveEL is working on avs2matroska already, so we will
be able to produce 'native' MPEG4 MKV files ( not made with a VCM codec
that means ), what are the actual requirements to be able to edit those
files in VirtualdubMod, with or without preview ? Do i understand
correctly that latest CVS version can edit native MPEG4 MKV files
already, but will destroy b-frame information when saving the files
again ? What about RV9 video, is this possible at all in VdubMod ?

Thanks for clarifying

Christian

http://www.matroska.org