[matroska-devel] Image subtitles

Pamel paul at msn.com
Thu Jun 19 06:38:05 CEST 2003

On the topic of subtitles, how should the specs say to do images?

Obviously a block would hold a single picture.  But, would we leave the
codec private data blank and just store all of the data for each picture in
the Block?  Or, would we strip the common header information for all of the
pictures and store that in the codec-private, then only store the
information that is specific to the picture in the block?

Stripping the common data and putting that in the codec-private would be the
most "standard" way of doing things.  However, it seems like it would be
sooooooo much easier to directly copy all of the data over into a Block, and
the overhead would probably be pretty small.

What do you guys think?

Pamel

http://www.matroska.org