[matroska-devel] Re: SSA in matroska

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Thu Jun 19 16:22:03 CEST 2003

Hi.

> // Matroka CodecID mappings
> // ------------------------
> //
> // S_TEXT/ASCII <-> MEDIATYPE_Text MEDIASUBTYPE_NULL FORMAT_None
> // S_TEXT/UTF8 <-> MEDIATYPE_Subtitle MEDIASUBTYPE_UTF8 FORMAT_SubtitleInfo
> // S_SSA <-> MEDIATYPE_Subtitle MEDIASUBTYPE_SSA FORMAT_SubtitleInfo
> // S_ASS <-> MEDIATYPE_Subtitle MEDIASUBTYPE_ASS FORMAT_SubtitleInfo
> // S_USF <-> MEDIATYPE_Subtitle MEDIASUBTYPE_USF FORMAT_SubtitleInfo

A while ago we had a discussion aboud codec IDs and decided to rename
S_SSA to S_TEXT/SSA (same for the other two) as they do contain text and
not images per se.

(And all text subs have to be converted to UTF-8 anyway. S_TEXT/ASCII is
not to be written anymore - it's only available to provide some
backwards compatibility if someone has already used mkvmerge to produce
such a file.)

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)
http://www.matroska.org