[matroska-devel] DX8 incompatibility of mkxds.dll 0.4.3

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Jun 17 00:44:44 CEST 2003

HI,

my famous AAC sample file ( Starwars EP2 ) wont play with latest
mkxds.dll 0.4.3 on DX8.0a anymore. If i upgrade to DX9, its working
again. When being on DX8.0a still, i could play the file fine with
mkxds.dll 0.4.2 and the version coming with Toff's first CoreAAC .

Did we implement something in latest DSF that is incompatible with elder
DX versions ? Note that all other sample files played well, only this
one sample with AR flag created by mkvmerger 0.4.2 will not have any
output pins in Graphedit, so i assume the DSF doesnt initialize any of
the video/audio streams, and only because it was processed by mkvmerge
0.4.2 to add the AR info ?

Christian

http://www.matroska.org