[matroska-devel] News from the Theora-devel ML

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Thu Jun 12 18:27:27 CEST 2003

Hi,

despite my highest respect for Monty and his team, this is fun reading :

http://www.xiph.org/archives/theora-dev/200306/0037.html
http://www.xiph.org/archives/theora-dev/200306/0038.html
http://www.xiph.org/archives/theora-dev/200306/0039.html
http://www.xiph.org/archives/theora-dev/200306/0042.html
http://www.xiph.org/archives/theora-dev/200306/0041.html
http://www.xiph.org/archives/theora-dev/200306/0040.html

excerpt from Dan Miller, ON2 CTO :

"right, my issue is that we're using granulepos somewhat stragely right now with certain bits indicating keyframes, etc.  That scheme seems to break under the scenario of >1 frame/page. I'm concerned about this as we're about to release a supposedly stable bitstream, and ffmpeg & mplayer are already supporting the format with more to come hopefully."

;-)

Christian

http://www.matroska.org