[matroska-devel] Re: Severe memory leak in mkxds.dll ?

Cyrius suiryc at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 23:35:26 CEST 2003

> Really this is strange ! I was making tests with a
> couple of HUGE test
> files i have on my HDD, all bigger than 1 GB, and
> hi-resolution. Now,
> with every player i tried and every decoder filter,
> in fact i get a HUGE
> memory consumption ( about 100 MB !!! ).
>
> But, if i close the player the memory is released
> immediately, and it
> also doesnt rise when seeking through the file, even
> at the last 5% ....
> and its looking great and working perfect :-) !!
>
> Christian
>
> http://www.matroska.org

Yes when you close an application its allocated memory
is freed. What I mean is that when I start playback of
the file mplayer2.exe uses around 20MB of memory, and
doesn't eat more. When I seek at the end of my clip it
then eat more memory (40MB, 50MB, 60MB and more) and
never come back to the initial 20MB (not even near of
20MB), which means that memory has been allocated and
hadn't been released.