[matroska-devel] Re: Severe memory leak in mkxds.dll ?

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Jun 15 20:57:15 CEST 2003

Cyrius wrote:

> I was making a few tests and I noticed that sometimes
>
>the filter would indeed eat a lot of memory without
>releasing it.

Really this is strange ! I was making tests with a couple of HUGE test
files i have on my HDD, all bigger than 1 GB, and hi-resolution. Now,
with every player i tried and every decoder filter, in fact i get a HUGE
memory consumption ( about 100 MB !!! ).

But, if i close the player the memory is released immediately, and it
also doesnt rise when seeking through the file, even at the last 5% ....
and its looking great and working perfect :-) !!

Christian

http://www.matroska.org