[matroska-devel] Re: Severe memory leak in mkxds.dll ?

Cyrius suiryc at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 12:30:18 CEST 2003

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55455

> Teegedeck isnt a Newbie, and he is using our filter
> and tested with  various players.
> Anybody to confirm this ?

> Christian

I was making a few tests and I noticed that sometimes
the filter would indeed eat a lot of memory without
releasing it.

I tested with 2 mkv. First one lasting 30 minutes,
second one lasting 1h30. Both files were writen with
clusters which time-width is 1s (and not the original
5s there is in VirtualDubMod).
I think it isn't important and doesn't matter but both
files used the A_MS/VCM ID for audio (i.e. M$
compatibility).

I played the files in mplayer2 (WiMP :p). No problem
for playing those files, nor seeking (in general).
_But_ I noticed that problems seems to mostly occur
when trying to seek in the last 5% of the file.
In this case it takes more time to seek (it took >1s
to seek at one point with the 1h30 movie) and the
memory used by mplayer2.exe grows a lot (sometimes
5-10MB each time I seek). Of course the fact it eats
that much memory at a time also make the seeking
slower ;).