[Matroska-devel] Re: [Matroska-general] Matroska Release 4thAugust 2003 ( CHIP release ) - table of working/missing features

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Jul 25 16:43:13 CEST 2003

Hey Chris,

I promised to respond, so here goes:

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 18:04, Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:
> @jcsston, fenrir, BBB, DaveEL : any chance you can comment briefly also
> on your plans until 4th august ?

Nothing big, basically. For my work, we've gotten mkv demuxing in
GStreamer (see Gst CVS) and mkv muxing in lavrec2 (not yet released
publically, will happen later on) to work, and that's all we need for
now. So, finetuning only.

Privately, I'll want to port the lavrec2 mkv muxing module over to
GStreamer, but that'll only happen when I've got some other muxing
formats going. I'm thinking of ASF and Quicktime here. Matroska will
come along with them. Concerning the demuxer, there's just the kaxtags
and table of contents that need implementing. And some details, but
nothing serious. It basically just works.

In the mean time, I'll work on gst-rec (video recording tool) with mkv
support as part of it. :).

Ronald