[Matroska-devel] Re: [Matroska-general] Matroska Release 4th August 2003 ( CHIP release ) - table of working/missing features

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Jul 23 22:34:14 CEST 2003

Heya.

I've updated my column. As it turned out my next week will be even
fuller with job related programming stuff than my last one. On top of
that I'll be away from July 31st until late August 3rd, so no
programming there either.

I've cut back on almost everything on the list. The two things I'd
REALLY like to have working until the release are tags and
chapters. While I've just written my first file with tags (read from a
XML file, not hardcoded, but the way that users will add tags themselves
later) I simply won't have the time to spend on chapter support.

Maybe (and this is a VERY uncertain 'maybe') I can get a limited chapter
support working until then (which would allow neither nesting nor
specifying the languages, so it'd be basically what OGM chapter support
looks like atm). But no promises whatsoever.

Tag support will still take some time (documentation, support for
extracting tags back to XML with mkvextract) so that's where my energy
will be spent.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)