[matroska-devel] Request for cheking our tagging system to Jonathan Walther from Debian.org

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Fri Jul 4 23:56:38 CEST 2003

Hi Jonathan,

i see you are fighting for a standardized tagging system on vorbis-devel
and vorbis-general , link is here :
http://reactor-core.org/ogg-tag-recommendations.html

You may have noticed we are in the process of establishing an open
standard A/V container format to replace good old AVI, adding high
flexibility and versatility for the future. However, with respect to
tags being used we are rather conservative. We decided to create a
standard set of tags that should be supported by every app
creating/editing/reading matroska files.

Here our draft for a matroska tagging system :
http://www.matroska.org/specs/matroskatags.html

However, we added a system so that users can define custom tags also, if
they absolutely feel like doing that. Jonathan, i'd be very interested
to hear your opinion about our draft, as you seem to have a lot of
expertise here. Please, when replying, use the reply-all of your email
client so the answer makes its way to the list ....

Regards

Christian

http://www.matroska.org