[matroska-devel] Re: OMF container format from AVID - the basis for AAF

Pamel paul at msn.com
Wed Jul 2 19:17:10 CEST 2003

"Christian HJ Wiesner" <chris at matroska.org> wrote ...
> certainly not a real competitor to matroska or MCF as OSS projects, just
> another closed source/open specs thinggie like Nullsoft's NSV and
> trolltech's MPX :

The thing about OMF and MXF using AAF is that AAF implements MPEG-7 from the
beginning.  It is a partial implementation, but it is an implementation.
Matroska could also implement an MPEG-7 compatibility matrix if it liked,
but I have not yet seen a list of the tags that are supported in MPEG-7.  If
anyone comes across such a list, would you point me in that direction?
(MPEG-7 is really just a complex tagging system. Last I checked, AAF had
around 250 tags, where Matroska has around 100.)

Pamel

http://www.matroska.org