[matroska-devel] Re: more questions about libmatroska & CVS

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Jan 24 15:43:03 CET 2003

Hi.

> I don't really understand. What do you call stream handling ? If that's the IO
> functions, there is a virtual class for that, and it can be used to create
> another stream handling (one that does internal caching for example) if you need
> to. These classes are part of the library, but should not use the libebml or
> libmatroska namespaces. They are the same ones used in libmcf (and probably
> copyrighted by Ingo).

What I call stream handling is reading from files, downloading from
URLs, supporting protocols like HTTP, RTSP and many more, reading from
a MODE2 CD etc. So far I've only found two functions in the C api
(src/api/libmatroska.h) that seem to 'open' something:
matroska_open_stream_file and matroska_open_url. Unfortunately I won't
be able to use that with e.g. mplayer at all - mplayer itself does all
I/O handling (including reading from files/devices/network), and the
demultiplexers only handle the data given to them by the stream layer.

Please note that I don't have much insight into all the matroska code
yet as I'm rather new to it. What I have to do is use the C api (as
mplayer won't accept C++ code inside its source, but I can link against
the libmatroska) and a method similar to libogg - it just receives the
data from the application but does not handle files itself.

How would I have to extend the current sources for this?

The things for CVS are all perfectly fine with me.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)
http://matroska.org