[matroska-devel] Re: How UCI and Matroska could interact

Pamel paul at msn.com
Thu Jan 23 18:40:39 CET 2003

"Steve Lhomme" <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote
> Yes... Also note that OGG doesn't have the thing we call timecode (nor AVI
> does). It should be seen as a (increasing) "number"...

The timecode can be stored in the granulepos for OGG.  But in both cases,
the translation can occur in the container library.  For instance, UCI hands
a frame, with a timecode to libavi.  Libavi knows the constant framerate,
and the timecode, so it can figure out the framenumber pretty quickly.  And
the reverse would be done for playback.  Libavi gets the frame, framerate,
and framenumber from an AVI, and can give UCI the frame, and a timecode.

On a side note, this would make it super easy to transcode between formats.

Pamel

http://matroska.org