[matroska-devel] Re: How UCI and Matroska could interact

Pamel paul at msn.com
Thu Jan 23 17:04:45 CET 2003

"Steve Lhomme" <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote
> En réponse   Pamel <Paul at msn.com>:

> This is an interresting idea. That would make the code more much complex,
BTW.
> So would lead to more bugs.

Yes, it would be more complex with a 3 way API where each node can push AND
pull.  But, I was also saying that each command should be accessible by each
API.  This would dramaticaly reduce complexity and the number of
instructions that would need to be developed supported by UCI.  I don't
think this would quite balance out the complexity, but I don't think it
would be that far away.

>Pulling on encode doesn't make much sense to me.

It doesn't make much sense to me either, but that doesn't mean that somebody
won't need to do it sometime.  Making the same interface for encoding and
decoding removes the need to worry about it though.

Pamel

http://matroska.org