[matroska-devel] Re: How UCI and Matroska could interact

Pamel Paul at msn.com
Thu Jan 23 09:33:58 CET 2003

For an encoding application:

*  The UCI-aware application sends UCI a message saying it wants to write
the file XXXXX.zav as a Matroska file.
*  UCI sends libmatroska a message saying to create the file XXXXX.zav for
writing.
*  Libmatroska opens the file and returns the ready to UCI.
*  UCI returns the ready to the application.
*  The application sends all basic information such as author, encode date,
etc to UCI.
*  UCI sends this to libmatroska which writes the information.
*  UCI returns the ready to the application.
*  The application sends codec config data to UCI.  UCI sends the data to
the codec.
*  The codec then sends the private codec info to UCI, and UCI sends it to
libmatroska.
*  The application sends the uncompressed frame to UCI, labelled with a
track and timecode.
*  UCI sends the frame to the the codec.
(This is where it gets tricky and there is a good chance I'm off)
*  The codec sends the encoded block to UCI.
*  UCI sends the encoded block to libmatroska with the track number and
timecode.
*  UCI returns the ready to the application.
*  The application sends the next uncompressed frame to UCI, labelled with a
track and timecode.
*  The process keeps repeating until completed.

I was going to put some other scenarios in here, but I need sleep now.

Pamel

http://matroska.org