[matroska-devel] Re: [UCI-Devel] Re: Converting Subtitles

Kondoros Attila cookieman_k at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 17:00:48 CET 2003

Hi all!

I don't know about DShow, but an application using UCI
as the interface to codecs and filters could stack up
the decoding of video with the subtitle filter any
time.
It could stack up any (reasonable) number of such
filters on one another, as long as one's input is
compatible with other's output. At least this is not
limited in the UCI code right now, as I see it.

Like VDub does it. :)

There is no reason to develop an entirely new
interface for filters and one for codecs in UCI. Maybe
this would eliminate the hasle with DShow... if UCI
would move a little faster to completion :|
What are your thoughts on this Alex?

B.R,
 Kondoros Attila