[matroska-devel] Re: MPEG in Matroska

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Fri Feb 28 08:16:20 CET 2003

John Cannon wrote:

>>John, this is making me really happy !!! If you say you are coding a
>>MPEG parser, why dont you use existing code, like from fcchandlers
>>Virtualdub_MPEG2 ?
>>

>Well, i think it uses the DVD2AVI approach which is not as portable as I
>would like.  But correct me if I am wrong. :)

So, stand corrected !!

The original code of pulco-citron was using DVD2AVI, latest version of
VirtualdubMod uses fcchandlers MPEG1/2 mod, he much improved the
existing MPEG parser in Virtualdub, and it can do AC3 decoding also.
Browse the VdubMod forum for more info

Christian

http://www.matroska.org