[matroska-devel] MPEG in Matroska

John Cannon spyder482 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 02:00:19 CET 2003

I am coding a simple MPEG-1 parser i n hopes of making a transmuxer one day.
Anyway, I was wondering what would be the best method of storing the frames?
In MPEG-1 even, the quantizer table can change at every GOP if you want.  So
do we just chop the stream and include these headers with the I frame or
what?

Spyder

PS: an answer to the discussion earlier, B frames can reference any frame
before or after them in the same GOP as long as it's not another B frame.
And P frames can reference any single frame before them in the same GOP.
(from a very trusted source :) )

http://www.matroska.org