[matroska-devel] Re: Registration of the matroska project on Corecodec.org - everybody go there and register !!

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Feb 24 14:34:01 CET 2003

Hey Chris,

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 14:05, Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:
> 1. There is no such thing as a Audio/Video compression foundry AFAIK

we could have created one. ;-). How about the codecs.org people? They'll
be interested too... So will mjpegtools, GStreamer (I suppose), ffmpeg,
etc. etc. etc.

There's a huge amount of multimedia work going on in the Linux world,
and it'll be hard to move them all away from SF to CC. I'm fairly sure
mjpegtools and GStreamer won't move over to CC, simply because we're too
much used to SF with all its limitations - so creating CC causes
fragmentation too. Anyway, I have my doubts but I'll just continue
working on CC, I don't really care anyway. ;-). As long as development
works, I'll be happy.

> Great ! You were added to the project as developer now. Expect to find a
> secific job assigned to you soon ;) ...
> > (PS I've looked through docs etc., I'll start working on a mkv demuxer
> > plugin for GStreamer soon).
> Wooot !! In fact, that is the job i was talking about a few lines above
> :D ! Thanks a lot Ronald !

Uh oh. ;-).

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer