[matroska-devel] Re: Memory leaks in libmatroska partially fixed

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Tue Feb 25 14:48:01 CET 2003

En réponse à Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>:

> Hi.
>
> > > Well the problem is due to the fact that currently
> > > almost none of the Ebml elements is freed in the
> > > library (robUx4 will add some nice ways to do this
> > > later).

> > This is now fixed/cleaned in CVS. Tested with and without lacing :)
>
> This has not been overly fixed, has it? There's still tons of memory
> being leaked (tested my program with valgrind
> (http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/) and it reports lots of memory
> allocated by Ebml* which is never freed).

Could you be a bit more precise and where these leaks occur ?
Are you sure it's not in your tool ?
I'm sure the one in the KaxBlock is fixed, but the library is still not clean
for freeing memory. Actually when you free any EbmlMaster, you should free its
children too (yourself). I'll add an internal system to do this automatically,
unless the element is locked (by the user, but then he has the responsibility to
free this memory later).
http://www.matroska.org