[matroska-devel] Re: Announcement : First matroska file creation and editing application, 'matroskadub', is released for alpha testing

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Feb 23 18:51:44 CET 2003

Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>
> i do have the pleasure to announce that Cyrius has given me a first
> alpha version of matroskadub for uploading to the alpha testing teams on
> corecodec.com and virtualdub.everwicked.com .
> The file can be downloaded here :
> http://downlaods.matroska.org/VirtualDubMod-Matroska-Alpha.rar

Chris, are you aware you sent this link to a public mailing list ?
I thought the alpha would be limited to coders only and maybe a few
other people that could have a good opinion on what needs to be done...
And threfore the CoreCodec forum/alpha section was supposed to be the
place to post links...

BTW, MyFUN mentioned on IRC that he would be away for 3 weeks. That
leaves some time to improve libmatroska in many directions :) And also
set a minimum date for a public beta (1 month) launch. Without the DShow
filter there's no need for a public launch. If MyFUN put is code
somewhere (CVS ?) before going in vacation, maybe someone else could
continue the work in the meantime.

http://www.matroska.org