[matroska-devel] Re: EDC/ECC

Pamel Paul at msn.com
Wed Feb 19 06:08:27 CET 2003

"thana" <thanatos666 at gmx.net> wrote
> i had some time to think about EDC/ECC Elements, so i've read through the
> old mcf-mailing lists and the mplayer-devel mailing list and did some
> research on the web.. as far as i've seen there is only EDC defined yet,
> using the crc-32 algorithm. someone has mentioned the use of crc-32 for
ECC
> too, but i think it's not very good for that purpose and isn't used
anywhere
> i can think of.

I would encourage you to look at this project.
http://parchive.sourceforge.net/

While it was intended for use at the file level, it is still a good resource
for 'Reed-Soloman' error correction.  I think that they also have a
reference implementation available for variable sized data chunks (but I
can't check because sf.net is down again.)

Pamel

http://www.matroska.org