[matroska-devel] Re: Audio ACM compatibility

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Feb 18 18:00:31 CET 2003

Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:

>I will attach the text of the code including the tags from the original
>thread in the post, as i think we should upload it to the website directly.
>
>Please note that i made some changes !!!
>
>Regards Christian :
>
>List :
>
>b][i]matroska[/i][/b] codec/compression format ident string : 16 Bytes
>
>1. 'V_RGB_24' : RGB, 24 Bit
>
>2. V_YUV_32' : YUV, 32 Bit
>
>3. V_YV2_32 : YV2, 32 Bit

An interesting question was asked by Mosu :

Why do we need the KaxVideoColourSpace element at all ? We can put the
relevant info into the KaxCodecID element easily ? Or is the element
used for other video codecs also, describing what colour space there
content is ? If so then i guess we should use the existing Colour Space
element and change the Codec ID to something simple like

'V_UNCOMPRESSED'   ?

What do you all think ?

Christian

http://www.matroska.org