[matroska-devel] Re: Audio ACM compatibility

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Tue Feb 18 15:53:05 CET 2003

En réponse à Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>:

> So we should keep WAVEFORMATEX/BITMAPINFOHEADER for V_MS/PCM/FOURCC
> and A_MS/ACM?

Yes.

> No, you're mixing things up here. I was talking about Vorbis with a
> CodecID of A_VORBIS. This is not the MS compat mode, so endianess IS
> important.

OK

> Of course we could use this structure in both cases - in the MS compat
> case with A_MS/..., V_MS/... and for the 'native' cases like A_VORBIS.
> Then KaxCodecPrivate would have the same structure.
>
> For A_MS/ACM the first element would be WAVEFORMATEX. No other
> elements
> needed.
>
> For V_MS/PCM/FOURCC the first element would be BITMAPHEADERINFO. No
> other elements needed.
>
> For A_VORBIS the first element would be the headers, the second the
> comments and the third element would be the codec setup data.

OK, that's all great :)

I'm going to make a quick webpage that sums this up (maybe with the structures),
hopefully someone will continue to update as more codec are supported ;)

For Vorbis, do we have to set the endianess ? Can these structures in Vorbis be
either big endian or little endian ? (that would be a strange format indeed)
http://www.matroska.org