[matroska-devel] Re: Porting EBML, the extensible binary meta language, to C

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at wiesneronline.net
Mon Feb 10 23:55:26 CET 2003

Hi Santiago,

the whole project of porting libmatroska to C has become a new
importance as the people from mpalyer, one of the more important
mediaplayers for Linux environments, refuse to support matroska if we
dont have a working C API or a C wrapper for libmatroska. However,
porting the complete library to C was the preferred way of course. As
current lib is written in C++, was it possible for you to understand
that code or what you prefer to work based on the specs solely ?

Please note that we got a very nice offer from animesh (
talk2ani at yahoo.com ) to start looking into this, he has already
downloaded the existing sources. I would suggest that we ask him first
before brining you into this process, as he maybe prefers to work alone.

In any case, robux4, our chief developer, is the man managing it all.

If animesh prefers to work alone on porting it, please rest assured that
there is a huge number of very interesting tasks existing for our
project, so your help is mor than appreciated !! We even have an
existing Java code for an independant EBML implementation, done by
spyder ( see cc. ).

Please tell me what you think. animesh, what is your opinion ? Would you
prefer to work alone or agree to cooperate with Santiago on the porting ??

Maybe one of you could concentrate on the C API first ( so we can ask
mplayer people to support the format ) while the other starts porting
the whole lib ? Or does this make no sense at all ?

Please enlighten me :-)

ChristianHJW

http://matroska.org