[matroska-devel] Re: Important decision about codec ID handling until UCI will be here
steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Feb 10 21:47:58 CET 2003
For the codec IDs/private data, we should progress step by step.
First we'll need ACM/VCM compatibility and we can have MPEG Audio
compatibility in no time.
For MPEG Audio we have :
- MPEG AUDIO LAYER 1, no private data
- MPEG AUDIO LAYER 2, no private data
- MPEG AUDIO LAYER 3, no private data
I think it's better to distinguish them, as most decoders only handle
one of them.
For ACM based codec :
- Microsoft ACM, the whole ACM structure (don't remember the name)
For VCM based codec :
- Microsoft VCM, the whole VCM structure (don't remember the name)
For DirectShow based audio codec :
- Microsoft DirectShow Audio, the whole structure used by DShow
For DirectShow based video codec :
- Microsoft DirectShow Video, the whole structure used by DShow
That should already cover a lot of things for the moment.
More information about the Matroska-devel