[matroska-devel] Re: MPC DirectShow filter

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Feb 5 12:44:41 CET 2003

En réponse à Ludovic Vialle <blacksun at corecodec.com>:

> I know I'm on the wrong list, but I wanted to talk about The Core Media
>
> Player. We're going to start a DirectShow filter for TCMP for MPC
> playback, and we were wondering where we can get the latest SV8 decoding
> code to read/parse/play this new file format.
>
> Also is that possible to have some alpha/dev tools to encode to SV8 ? If
> we're fast enough we may be the first to player SV8 :)

Well, I'll make my best to help you on this. Frank already sent me some code but
I only had a quick look so far. I'm not even sure it covers SV8...

Anyway I want to be able to build a first decoder of SV8 ASAP. But I first have
to make the first alpha/beta version of libmatroska that can be used for a DShow
Filter and in VDubMod. It is now a matter of days (muxing should be done today,
then comes demuxing). There are still many things to do in libmatroska, ending
with the C API. (I'll finally make a FileKax class to handle the
creation/reading of MKx files more easily)

Who can I send the sources I have ?

BTW to be able to mux MPC in AVI (what people are probably waiting for) that
will also require a hack similar to MP3 or AC3 in VDubMod.
http://matroska.org