[matroska-devel] Re: MPC DirectShow filter

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Feb 5 12:46:45 CET 2003

En réponse à Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr>:

> BTW, while I think about it... There is currently no SV8 files floating
> around.
> So people will want to play their SV7 ones now. The old decoders should
> help for
> that. A look at Case's Winamp input plugin might also be a good starting
> point
> (dunno if the sources are available).

After a quick search I found what you need (what people are currently asking for) :
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/mpc/winamp/index.html
Get the latest Winamp2 decoder source.

All the basics you need to decode are in in_mpc.cpp (see the In_Module structure
and the DecodeThread code). If you use the same code with some DShow Adaptation,
it could be very easy to make a filter (provided the coder knows DShow well, and
C/C++ too).
http://matroska.org