[Matroska-devel] Add some new Tags?

Jory jcsston at toughguy.net
Wed Aug 27 02:27:43 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I've been working with the Shell Extension and one the most common info that
I cannot provide is the bitrate.
I propose we add a Bitrate tag to the Tag - General element that can be
filled out by the user, filled by the muxing app, or I could write some code
to go through all the clusters and blockgroups of a file at calculate the
bitrate. Either way I think a Tag would be much faster and better than
generating the bitrate on-the-fly.

Asking in the channel about this I got a few more requests for tags.
>From alexnoe: Frame Count
>From Gabest: Largest Block Size, so you can allocate the output buffers
exactly.

See Ya,