[matroska-devel] Re: Seeking algorithm

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Tue Apr 29 11:27:01 CEST 2003

En réponse à Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>:

> BTW: Steve, this does of course not mean that you shouldn't fix that
> FindNextElement bug ;)

Sure, I will check that.

Yesterday I introduced a break in FindNextElement that will avoid a memmove in
many cases. It might speed up a bit the byte by byte seeking. But I'll check the
algo to see where it could be faster (avoiding copying many times the same data).

The bug that Mosu mentions is that when seeking to an arbitrary position in the
file, FindNextElement fails to find a proper Cluster element (even though there
is one). I'll check that ASAP.
http://www.matroska.org