[matroska-devel] Re: bad news :(

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Apr 26 17:54:20 CEST 2003

Hi.

> Fantastic !!!!

:)

> BTW, MooDub also produce such files so all existing files will be like
> that :)

Sure. However I want to add some fallbacks:

1. If there's no KaxSeekHead then the demuxer should skip over all level
   1 elements and parse the cues once it finds them.
2. If there are no cue entries at all then the demuxer should at least
   be able to approximate the position by taking into account both the
   last timecode encountered and the last file position it was
   encountered at (that's what the Ogg/Ogm demuxer does). It's far from
   perfect, especially when you seek right at the beginning when there's
   not much data, but it's better than nothing at all ;)

However I'm now at a stage in which I can definnitely include the
Matroska demuxer into mplayer's main CVS branch (not into the stable
0_90 branch obviously ;)), and if nothing goes wrong I'll do that
tomorrow.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)
http://www.matroska.org