[matroska-devel] Feature Freeze

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Apr 25 15:51:58 CEST 2003

Hi everyone,

First let me thank you for all the work that has been done during the
last month. The current status is very encouraging. And the promises of
the format start to emerge slowly. I think 01/05/03 will be a great day
for us :)

To preparing our first public appearance, we need to be ready with our
tools to support the minimum but support it well. With help from testers
and curious people will be able to spot and correct
problems/inefficiencies later.

So I think we need to define a feature freeze for the code and spend a
few more days on debugging the code during the remaining days to 01/05.
What about sunday 27 european evening ?

After this date we won't add new features (like chapters, new tags, etc)
but we'll make sure the ones we support work according to the specs.
We'll also have to test that files created with A can be read with B for
all known tools.

What should be supported to this date :
- Meta Seek (added yesterday in libmatroska)
- Cue entries
- Track parsing
- Segment + Block parsing
- BlockDuration read/write
- lacing read/write

And the list of codecs that Christian already mentionned. (maybe with
some subtitle ones)

We might also add some test for reading damaged files and incomplete files.

http://www.matroska.org