[matroska-devel] Re: Help from Nic

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sat Apr 19 08:48:19 CEST 2003

John Cannon wrote:
>>Please, please, PLEASE!! Do NOT put audio files with a wav header into
>>Matroska. This is broken by design, unclean, and only because
>>Windows/DS/whatever has servere problems with that stuff. Any audio
>>track with a proper ID (e.g. A_DOL_AC3 or A_MPEGLAYER3) should ONLY
>>contain the audio packets themselves.
>

> Relax.  This is merely a proof of concept idea.  I would never support it as
> a final solution especially since AAC should not need any WAV header data :P

I think there might be some misunderstanding here. Maybe Nic just wanted
to know if the same data would play... For WAV compatibility, we have
the A_ACM codec (or something like that) that has *all* the same
informations as in a simple WAV file with any codec. So it has to be
supported anyway.

http://www.matroska.org