[matroska-devel] Re: Matroska, DirectShow, Cabbages and Kings :)

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Thu Apr 17 06:58:56 CEST 2003

Igor,

thanks for your offer, i am currently on a bussiness trip in the US and
forwarding your email to the mailing list and the guys who are in charge
of the filter. If you know how to use CVS ( WinCVS, TortoiseCVS ) you
can obtain the latest sourcecode of our DShow parser from there and make
some tests, however i recommend you join our IRC channel on
irc.corecodec.dom #matroska and talk to the guys who are actually
developing it ( Toff, myFUN, Blacksun, Cyrius ) about how you could help
best ... i am sure you can help us, especially if you have a background
in DirectShow already, and your help was very much appreciated.

I love the idea about a Vegas video plugin, didnt know their API/SDK was
open for doing that, not to talk about Adobe Premiere and Ulead. If you
dont feel like contributing to the DShow filter you could maybe still
look into those plugins ? We certainly could help you with that,
explaining to you how libmatroska would work, but after May 1st as until
then we are all busy getting the release done smoothly.

Regards

Christian

http://www.matroska.org