[matroska-devel] MXF Tags

Pamel Paul at msn.com
Wed Apr 16 07:10:09 CEST 2003

Bruce,

My name is Paul and I have been put in charge of creating the list of
information tags(metadata) supported by Matroska.  I was curious what kind
of system MXF used to see if there was anything that we could use.  Because
I am working specificaly on tags, I did not look to deeply into how MXF
works.  The list of tags I found were here:
http://www.ist-nuggets.tv/mxf/parked%20for%20Trial%20Publication/S380M-mxf-D
MS1-20030331.pdf
starting on page 8.
What I am most interested is what you seem to call "Finitely Durable
Metadata".  These would be akin to ID3 tags.  However, the tags that I see
there seem to be quite extensive, and what most people would refer to as
"overkill".  Is there a different place that I should refer to?

Our tagging system is somewhat expansive because of a goal to support all
existing tags in formats currently available.  Most of the tags we support
will be coming from ID3v2.4, Windows Media Player 9, and Exteneded INFO.