[matroska-devel] Update tools

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Apr 14 15:12:07 CEST 2003

Hi everyone,

I have made the necessary changes in CVS (I hope it is complete compared
  to my local dir) to reflect the latest changes in the specs :

- BlockDuration addition to be DirectShow friendly (should be used at
least on the last Block of each track)
- More consistent timecode handling. There is still some things to be
doen, but in general the user only "see" the global timecodes in 1ns.
- Track Numbers can be now as big as 0X4000 which is far enough for the
moment and the distant future (the specs allow more).

Because these changes involve compatibility issues with the existing
files/tools I ask you to :
- update your tools with the latest CVS code
- update your sample files with new ones built with the latest CVS

On a side not, if you find bugs/corrections (like in the DSF) please
upload the code on CVS ! So that everyone doesn't have to recode them
locally everytime. An email is sent on matroska-cvs so everyone can be
informed of it quickly.

cya later

http://www.matroska.org