[matroska-devel] Re: matroska : MPEG1/2 video streams muxing

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Apr 15 13:30:40 CEST 2003

Sriram Srinivasan wrote:

>Hi Chris
>Thanks for the info. I shall go thro it. I had mailed you twice
>asking you about how I can help you, with the same. Please do send
>me a small info on what will be my responsibility. From next week
>I will be a little free. I can spend my time on the project.
>thanks
>Sriram

Hi Sririam,

i am in the US for a trade show currently ( Chicago ) and cant answer my
email for several days sometimes, depending on the evening shedule,
sorry for that.

Is there any chance that you could join us on irc.corecodec.com
#matroska ? If you go to the 'contacts' page on our homepage (
http://www.matroska.org ) you will find links to some IRC clients you
could use, in case you are not used to be on IRC channels. I'd estimate
it to be essential that we first talk to each other and find out more
precisely where your interests are before we assign a job to you.

As spyder is currently helping with the DirectShow parser ( thats the
most important thing until we release on 1st May ) there is no work
being done on MPV2MKV , the tool to be able to mux MPEG 1/2 video into
matroska files. I estimate you had a look at the matroska CVS before (
anonymous CVS checkout is working on
http://corecodec.org/projects/matroska , we can teach you through how to
obtain the sources if we meet on IRC ) and you could look at spyder's
existing MPA2MKA code ( to mux MP 2/3 audio into matroska ) to get a
feeling of how its done.

But please, this is just an idea of what could be done, we have a couple
of other things you could look at, like helping Jory 'jcsston' Stone
with muxing subtitles into matroska, etc.

Please install an IRC client and join us any time on  irc.corecodec.com
#matroska , we are looking forward to meeting you there.

Regards

Christian

http://www.matroska.org