[matroska-devel] Re: Matroska public alpha release date : 1 st May 2003

Pamel Paul at msn.com
Fri Apr 11 05:52:27 CEST 2003

"Christian HJ Wiesner" <chris at matroska.org> wrote >
> A. Direct Show parser
>
> 1. DirectShow parser : XviD + MP3
> 2. DirectShow parser : DivX + MP3
> 3. DirectShow parser : XviD + Vorbis
> 4. DirectShow parser : DivX + Vorbis
> 5. DirectShow parser : XviD + AC3
> 6. DirectShow parser : DivX + AC3
> Until the release on May 1st we need to have 1 - 6 at the very minimum !!!

I don't know if ya'll can get 3+4 done within 21 days, but everything else
is totaly doable.  Vorbis will just be the tricky one.

One thing that I kept wanting to mention while I was at work lurking is to
make sure to make the video stream selectable somehow in the filter.  I
realize that you said that you can't change the video size on the fly, but
what about the video stream?  If it was the same resolution, would that work
fine?  Or would it also have to be the same codec?  I mention this just so
that people keep it in mind when doing the architecture.  It is not vital at
all when doing the big release, it just has to be possible to be added in
the future.

I think that makes 3 streams that all need to be selectable.  Audio, video,
and overlay (for subtitles) streams all need to be selectable eventually.

Pamel

http://www.matroska.org