[matroska-devel] Namespace pb

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Tue Apr 8 11:07:46 CEST 2003

I saw on the IRC logs that Cyrius had problems with the namespaces of
libeml.

The solution used is working but a dirty hack (#define uint8
LIBEBML_uint8 / #undef uint8).

The problem you probably have is that all libebml classes are children
of VDub classes (am I right ?). If there is no specific need for that I
suggest you remove that depency because in this case you're mixing the
namespaces of VDub (if any) and the ones of libebml/libmatroska. So you
would need something like vdub_namespace::libebml::uint8 which is still
possible and cleaner to use.

Other than that when you use some libebml/libmatroska elements in your
code you should use LIBEBML_NAMESPACE::uint8 instead of using namespace
LIBEBML_NAMESPACE (which led you to ambiguous code). After all the
namespaces are here to help you get rid of ambiguous definitions not to
annoy you !

2 cents

http://www.matroska.org